Friday, November 4, 2011

Bingston 1999 - 2011

Bingston 1999

In 1999 we bought a 9-week old puppy home, after a couple of days I named him Bingston.  Little did we know how important this guy would become to our family.  Smart as a whip and determined that everyone should love him he was pure joy to our home.

Yesterday, November 3, 2011 Bingston died.  Suffering from congestive heart failure -- his poor little body could no longer do what it needed to.  We held him tightly those last minutes he was with us.  I stayed with him to the end.  Without attempting to sound melodramatic I know that a part of my heart went with him - I will forever be changed by his life and his death.  As he slipped away I whispered to him that I KNOW we will all be together again someday and then he was gone.  Seeing that spark of life disappear into a stone stare will be with me forever, I actually shudder when I remember that moment.

Soon I know that I will begin to remember Bingston the puppy and will not define him by his death.  But for this time when I close my eyes that lost spark moment is what I carry.  Today when Jase and I were leaving the house we put the dogs in their kennels and the sight of Bingston's empty kennel was cruel.


Bingston 2000


5 comments:

  1. oh Ben...so so sorry! I totally understand how you lost a part of your heart with Bingston, but he will be waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, Ben. My husband and I know just how you feel. Our animals are our family. I certainly will keep you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ben, I am so sorry. It is just like loosing a member of your family, I know it would be for us. Sending you guys lots of hugs!!!
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post brought tears to my eyes as I lost my little Jennifer a year ago in August. She was 1 day shy of turning 16 when she left us. She also looked remarkably like your little Bingston. I have many good memories of our time together and I'm sure you will treasure all of your memories of Bingston and how he changed your life forever. Take care and rest in peace Bingston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi actually my name also bingston.....really sir u are great ..i realised ur love abt u showed wit ur bingston puppy...really jesus bless u

    ReplyDelete