Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pals Paper Arts - PPA50 Color Me

Continuing along this papercrafting challenge route I have been on, I found a color challenge over at Pals Paper Arts blog.  The colors of the challenge are Basic Grey, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip, three wonderful colors that survived the Stampin' UP! color renovation.

Color Me

Influenced by my previous attempts at the unique card size of 3-1/4" x 6-1/2" I decided to give it another go.  The sketch is from Jeanette Lynton's book Originals.



















Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' UP! Of the Earth
Ink:  Stampin' UP! Real Red 
Paper:  Stampin' UP! Walk in the Park, Basic Grey, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip
Accessories/Tools:  Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Joann 3/16" Antique Copper Eyelet


As always, thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

11 comments:

  1. I love your pop of red with the challenge colors! It is also great to see a different sized card! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Ben. Love that red with those colors. And the card shape and size is great. I get tired of the same all the time. Also love the gray paper with the circles. Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unique layout! Great incorporation of the challenge colors! The "pop" of red is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon your artwork at Heart to Heart. I was intreaged because I don't know of any guy stampers other than my husband and sons. I to used to be with Stampin up and would love to use up the old paper colours so I will be using lots of your cards for inspiration.
    Thanks (I am just starting my blog but feel free to visit http://diaryofacardmaker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love how you put the details at the top, very cute.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Benjamin! Love the accents of Chocolate Chip on each side and the centered ribbon! Excellent choice of DSP too and the "pop" of red with the bird image is a great finishing touch! Great job with the color challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful!! I love the dramatic colrs you used... it's striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, the color combos are great! I just found you thru the H2H site and like a previous commentor, I'm excited to see a paper crafter that's a "HE". :)

    I think more people, men & women alike, would enjoy it if they just gave it a try. I find it very relaxing. I look forward to seeing your future projects. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really liking this card size Ben. Great pop of color with the red! Someday I'm going to be able to do these challenges. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh,I love this Ben. The red really pops!!! Awesome job! Hope you and David are doing well. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete