Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Wishes - CityScape

Hello?  Is anybody out there?  After a very long absence from this blog and a nasty old scrapbook page that stalled ALL creativity for over a month I'm finally back to this wonderful but maddening hobby.  I hope someone is out there to take a peek at what I've been up to.

CityScape Take #1

The challenge from the ladies over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog this week, was to use the sketch CityScape from Jeanette Lynton's Wishes book.  I was nicely inspired by the sketch and wanted to take it a step further by reducing it to a 3-1/4" x 6-1/2" card size.  I used the Close To My Heart Smiles stamp set among several others and I think it turned out quite interesting.



















Supplies:
Stamps: Close to my Heart Smiles, Close to my Heart Over the Rainbow, Verve stamps Up, Up and Away, and Stampin' UP! Many Happy Returns
Ink:  Sorbet, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, and Basic Black
Paper:  Close to my Heart Caboodle Level II, Buttercup, Crystal Blue and White Daisy
Accessories/Tools:  Sorbet Collection Ribbon, Sweet Leaf Collection Ribbon, and Stampin' UP! Word Window Large Punch


As always, thanks for looking and yes HE still stamps!

7 comments:

  1. This is really unique, Ben. Love the colors and the flowers are perfect. Add the clouds and big...gorgeous card!

    Sorry about your loss of mojo. I have been muddling through but it is picking back up. I have really missed you. Even if you are lacking the spirit to create... at least post so I know you are OK.

    Hope David is doing OK. He has had a very bad time these past months. Tell him I said Hi and still praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I really like your card! The flowers look GREAT! Very fun colors too! Glad your mojo is back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Ben. I missed your creations last month. Glad you're doing better. This card is great. Love the color combo with the Sorbet and Buttercup. Wouldn't have thought to put them together, but they look really dynamic. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is lovely. I can't decide which I like better, all the vertical lines or the popped-up flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card! thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I'd love to see an email subscribe button on your blog so I can follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work! How do I follow?? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete