Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pals Paper Arts - PPA86

This week the Pals Paper Arts challenge was to incorporate embossing into a project.  Sounds simple, huh?  I struggled with this one - embossing isn't a technique that comes naturally to me.  On Thursday I found a sketch courtesy of Card Positioning Systems with their sketch No. 166 that looked great and worked well with the embossing.


PPA86 - Element of Style Embossing


















I altered the size of  the CPS sketch to fit a square card sized at 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  For the patterned paper I went with Stampin' UP! Play Date Designer Series Paper for it's wonderful bright color palette.  My colors then were So Saffron, Read Red and Old Olive.  I broke out my brand new Stampin' UP! Circle Scissor plus (so incredibly simple to use) for the first 4-1/2" circle and the smaller circle which I then embossed using the Big Shot Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots folder.  The funky flower was die cut using the Sizzix Flower Layers die (right now clearanced for an unbelievable $5.99.)  I popped the flower up with Stampin' Dimensionals and I think the card looks pretty darn good.


Supplies:
Stamps: None this time.
Ink:  Again none.
Paper:  Stampin' UP! Play Date Designer Series (117168), So Saffron cs (105118), Read Read cs (102482), Old Olive cs (100702)
Accessories/Tools:  Sizzix Big Shot Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots folder (117335), Sizzix Flower Layers Original Die (113458), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Design:  Pals Paper Arts Challenge PPA86 - Elements of Style Embossing, Card Positioning Systems - Sketch No. 166

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love how the center flower echoes the DSP. Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sketch worked perfectly for your design - looks great!

    ReplyDelete