Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back with a Queen

Well, it's been a very long time since I last posted.  Time is a precious commodity so I've learned in the past two years.  Instead of blogging I have been choosing to do my creating undocumented.  Hopefully with this post that will change.  A contributing factor to this post is the fact that I rejoined Stampin' UP! a few months ago as a hobby demo and have rediscovered the need to share my stuff.  My upline is Mary Fish and I am happily a member of her Stampin' Pretty Pals team.  My hope is that when both Kamdyn and Jase are in school full-time I will be able to start my own Stampin' UP! business.  Okay, now onto the card.















Butterfly Queen for a Day

In the Stampin' UP! Occasions Mini Catalog 2011 on page 25 there is a card titled "Friend" that I've really taken a liking to.  This card is my cased version with some alterations!  This is my entry into the Pals Paper Arts PPA82 challenge and SCS Sketch Challenge #SC321 .  The card came together pretty quickly with the Basic Black and Very Vanilla color scheme, the butterflies are punched  from First Edition (121878) and Love Letter (117162) DSP's.  I hope if there's anyone still out there following this blog you enjoy this one as much as I did creating it!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' UP! You're a Gem (122270)
Ink:  Stampin' UP! Classic Basic Black (121045)
Paper:  Stampin' UP! 
First Edition (121878)Love Letter (117162), Very Vanilla CS (101650) and Basic Black CS (121045)
Accessories/Tools:  Stampin' UP!  Scallop Square Extra-Large Punch (119884) and Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882)
Design:  Stampin' UP! Occasions Mini Catalog 2011 Pg. 25, SCS Sketch Challenge #SC321

As always thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! This is a great layout and I love the classy color combo you used! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ben! It is beautiful! My favorite colors, actually!!! Love the textured background!!

    Of course there are people who still follow your blog and have been very worried about you!!!

    So glad you are going to create publicly again. Love reading your blog and hearing about you!!

    Hope the children are doing well and that you soon will be able to start your own business. I know you will be very successful at it!!

    Keep blogging, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design! Love those butterflies inside the square scallops! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete