Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little blue for a birthday?

So how about some blue for a birthday?  For this card I went semi-small 4-3/8" square and choose to break the seal on my Blueberry Crisp DSP by Stampin' UP!  I really love this paper although the patterns are not new and appeared previously under the name Razzleberry Lemonade.  A first for me was using Night of Navy, I had previously believed this color was far too dark for my tastes.  Who knew?

BTW, is anyone else thinking about fall?  We had a very nice day yesterday (no air conditioning) and this AM it was still quite pleasant and I found myself thinking about fall and pumpkin spice coffee.  Summer has been nice, rather hot this year.  However, fall is one of my favorite seasons.  The falls in New England are gorgeous, something to behold, so many colors, that nip in the air ... it's a wonderful time of year.  Or maybe I am being influenced by the many fall stamp sets I am seeing!

Blue Birthday



















Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' UP!  Happy Moments
Ink:  Stampin' UP! Classic Basic Black
Paper:  Stampin' UP! Blueberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Accessories/Tools:  Punches (several), Stampin' UP! Ticket Corner Punch,  Stampin' UP! Very Vanilla button, Close to my Heart Black Waxy Flax,  Stampin' UP! 3/4" Twill Tape, Making Memories Slice, Studio Essentials Design Card
Design:  Splitcoaststampers.com Clean and Simple Challenge:  CAS76


As always, thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card, Ben. I, too, love the paper!! You come up with the best darn cards. I wish I had your knack. Cards leave me high and dry!! But I would love to do them.

    Fall. Oh come on. We are still having heat index over 105. Wow. Hot and humid. But, this IS Florida so I need to shut up. That is why we moved here. LOL

    But I love fall. So much that Jim finds me glossy print pictures of fall leaves because I miss the leaves so much this time of year. Isn't he a keeper?? He's all heart. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! That's great paper and love your "flower". Square cards are always fun to make.

    I'd love to see a fall in New England sometime. I live in Oregon and it is beautiful here, but I'd really love to see all of the trees as they start to turn in your neck of the woods. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete