Thursday, April 1, 2010

First day of school

I can't believe it's been so long since I last did an update, time just slips away.  I have a few things to show you today.  First of all, I have a layout of my niece Kamdyn on her first day of school (we call it that, but it's actually daycare.)  She was such a trooper on that day, a bit scared but not a tear in site (that was the next week.)  She's finishing out her time at the daycare this fall she will start kindergarten.  She's a very special little girl who has been dealt quite a raw deal in life.  It is my constant hope and prayer that we can avert the disastrous decisions that have formuated so much of her life till now.  Sorry, about that my heart turns to mush about these little kids we are attempting to raise.

Now about this page, the patterned paper is Crate Paper and do I have a beef with this company.  Over the past few months I bought four different collections from them and this page was my first use.  This paper is not true 12x12 (at least this collection isn't.)  After a bunch of measuring and remeasuring I wised up to the fact that it was not me but the actual paper that was not 12x12.  I made due but not this paper will probably be relegated to card paper which means it will be around as long as Methuselah was.

First day of school



















Details
Paper: Crate Paper Bliss Collection
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin' UP! Stampin' Write Journaler Basic Black
Embellishments:  Unknown Mfg., Floss Pink, Making Memories Alphabet Rub-ons Providence
Punches:  Stampin' UP! 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle 
Diecuts: Making Memories Slice Handwritten Fonts Design Disc
Design:  Imagine, Jeanette R. Lynton, Left Layout, Medley - pg. 34 - 35

As always thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

2 comments:

  1. The smiles on the kids don't lie. They may make you nuts some days but look how happy they are in all of these pictures! They're lucky to have such a caring Uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Ben. I'm glad you go to mush! It means you care!! No kid deserves a raw deal and I am afraid more and more are getting that. I could get on a band wagon for these kids. Children don't ask to get born and don't deserve anything but the best! Congrats on doing that for these two.

    Now...lol the LO is super. I agree, the smile on her face says it all. Sorry about the kit. That would drive you nuts!

    I can't wait till you scrap the next week! Tears???

    ReplyDelete