Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Christmas Mini Album

So, when I discovered mini albums awhile back I thought they were the living end.  Small canvas, specific theme, totally control the number of pages ... seemed the perfect answer for a procrastinating former scrapbooker like me.  But surprise, surprise I find these mini albums as challenging as the full-size 12 x 12 ones.  It's hard to walk that fine line between photos being small enough to fit the page and still recognizable by the reader.  The same is true with embellishments - full-size embellishments take up far too much space.  But I found this was a great place to break out my Slice machine - with the ability to cut dies in different sizes using such wonderful discs was just great (pardon me, while I gush about Making Memories and Slice here.)  So for better or worse here they are, photoing the little album was a tough one but I hope you get the idea of "it" all.

Christmas 2009



















Details
Paper: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Cardstock: SU Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Bravo Burgundy, Kiwi Kisses (Retired), and Whisper White
Ink: SU Real Red and Basic Black.

Markers:  SU Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue
Embellishments:  Making Memories Slice Mistletoe Disc and let's just say lots of stuff :-)

Ribbon: SU Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon 3/8", Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain, 5/8" (Retired), Whisper White Satin 5/8", American Crafts Light Blue Grosgrain 3/8", and Marcella K Fresh Paint Ribbon Blue 3/8"
Stamps:  SU Mr. Twigster and Cute & Curly
Design: I would say my own but I am sure I "saw" it somewhere.



Thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Ben. But first let me say, while I LOVE minis, I find them terribly hard to do for the same reasons that you said. You almost need custom everything in order for it to fit.

    I love the colors you have used on this. They are not your regular brights that people use for Christmas yet are still bright and cheery.

    An all round great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too freaking cute!!! You did a beautiful job with all of the colors you used on this album. Just incredible!!!! Glad you posted this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I can see how the shape of this album could be really tricky and you pulled it off really well! I love the little layouts you've created on the pages. I think this would make a very cute addition to the Christmas decorations each year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete