Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Back ... Part Three


A thinking of you card. I made this card for my Dad who was in the hospital at the time. Unfortunately, first class mail being first class mail it never arrived in Kentucky. I totally CASED this card from Karen Giron and from the sketch orginator Jodi Collins.

Stamps used were the ever fateful Pocket Silhouettes (!?!) and sentiment from Perfectly Clear Stamps' Changito Notes by Stampendous. Ink is Stampin' Classic Night of Navy, Brillant Blue and Stampin' Craft Whisper White. Cardstock is Night of Navy, Brilliant Blue and patterned paper is selections from Stampin' UP Patterns Pack III and the retired Stampin' UP Patterns Pack II. Faux stitching was done with a Uni-ball Signo Broad White ink pen. Punches were Marvy Uchida large scallop circle and Stampin' UP Scallop Border punch. I really enjoyed making this card, I have tried the faux stitching before with black marker and didn't care for the result -- the white ink makes a big difference.

Thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I like the colors on this one - lots of contrast, so the colors Pop! Very nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love this set!! I love the color combo you used on this card, totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete