Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eileen Update


News on the condition of my partner David's older sister Eileen (pictured on the right from a Summer 2004 visit to our home.) Eileen lives in Florida and has been in the hospital for several days now. The chemo treatment was started on the very first night of her hospital stay. The second day because of a terribly low heart rate she was admitted to the Cardiac Care Unit, she stayed there for a few days while they tried to regulate her heart. Yesterday, because of the worsening heart rate she was transferred to the ICU. At this point the chemotherapy treatments have ended and will not restart until her heart rate is back in the normal range. David has spoken with her briefly and she is doing okay under the circumstances.

Ronda (our fearless blog roll leader) thoughtfully inquired if I thought Eileen would mind encouragement/get well cards from the readers of this blog. Initially, I was concerned that she would not get to view the cards as she will living in a sterile environment for several months ... upon clarification it appears that the sterile environment will occur after treatment has ended. So, hoping that I am not sounding demanding if there is ANYONE that would like to make a card for Eileen I will be more than happy to see to it that she gets any cards sent to me. She has always been appreciative of the hand-made cards I send her so I believe the potential to lift her spirits a bit is possible. Regardless, of participation please keep Eileen in your thoughts, prayers or meditations.

Thanks for looking and yes HE stamps.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, send me a pm on SCS with your address and I will get a card out right away. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers along with you and David. I am sure that it is very hard on the both of you as well.

    ReplyDelete